CHFA Contest Rules
FLOW’S CHFA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MUST BE (1) AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR PROVINCE / TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AND (2) A CHFA CONNECT PARTICIPANT TO ENTER.
- Sponsor. Flow’s “CHFA Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Flow Water Inc., 155 Industrial Parkway South, Units 7-10, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 3V5 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and who are CHFA Connect participants at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, Sweepstakes’ administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Official Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sweepstakes Dates and Times. Sweepstakes begins on September 29, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EST and ends on October 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “End Date”), after which time Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. You can enter by visiting Sponsor’s CHFA landing page at www.flowhydration.ca/CHFAcontest , accurately submitting all necessary fields for contact and delivery (including but not limited to name and email address), and successfully answering two (2) skill testing questions in order to secure a ballot in the draw. For Sweepstakes, receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limited to one (1) entry per person, regardless of the method of entry. Duplicate entries for a single individual will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter Sweepstakes, or any other methods not authorized by these Official Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning the Prize (as set out in further detail below in Section 5). Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrant (defined hereafter). Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the selected entry. Sponsor’s computer is the sole timekeeping device for Sweepstakes.
- Prize. There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”):
- IPad Pro 12.9 inch Space Grey (256GB storage)
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1099 CAD (excluding tax). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of award. The one (1) winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash value. The Prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised portion of the Prize is unavailable at the time of award. The Prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, territorial, provincial and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the End Date.
- Skill-testing Question. The Selected Entrant will be required, as a condition of winning the Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Sponsor before being declared as the winner of the Prize.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On October 7, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST (the “Draw Date”), Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before the End Date and select the one (1) potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed the winner if he/she meets all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Official Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared the winner, the Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the skill-testing question (if Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident); (ii) sign and return Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and (ii) comply with all other rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within five (5) business days of the Draw Date and will be contacted via email provided at the time of entry into Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have no liability for the Selected Entrant’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for the Selected Entrant’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Any Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant shall be selected by random draw, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
A signed copy of Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by Sponsor no later than five (5) business days following being notified by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). The Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
- Release and Indemnification. The winner must sign Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Official Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of the Prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of Sweepstakes to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act considered to be a force majeure or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of Sweepstakes or the Prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by any entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Official Rules or participation in Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of the Prize, and the use of entries by Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in Sweepstakes or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Official Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding Sweepstakes or accepting the Prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize, including the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breach of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Other Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend Sweepstakes at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel Sweepstakes and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the End Date.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in Sweepstakes, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, social media handle(s), comments, likeness and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of Sweepstakes or any publicity carried out by Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
If you have also consented to the use of your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, you agree that Sponsor may send you offers, promotions and information about its products and services. Sponsor may communicate with you through various channels, including email or social media using the contact information you have provided. Sponsor will respect your preferences otherwise recorded with Sponsor. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Intellectual Property. All submissions become property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to Sweepstakes, including submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Each entrant grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and territory/province), photograph, voice and/or other likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the Courts of Ontario.
- Rule Amendments. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend Sweepstakes, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of Sweepstakes.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Flow Water Inc. 2020 All Rights Reserved.