We've cooked up something delicious with register-dietitian, Tracy Lockwood Beckerman, and we know that your friends and family will love it as well. Tracy's stuffed sweet potato recipe is super portable and can be served at room temperature, making it the ideal dish to bring wherever you may be celebrating.
Each potato is dazzling with star-worthy ingredients like nourishing and creamy tahini, antioxidant and vitamin C-rich kale, and gut-friendly farro. The antiviral and antibacterial parts of parsley are the ideal ingredients to keep your body healthy and to keep your breath fresh too (which will be appreciated by all). Plus, did you know that you could eat the skin of the sweet potato to help diversify and strengthen your gut microbiome? Sign us up for seconds.
Tahini, Kale, and Farro Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 3 Total Time: 60 minutes
+ 3 medium sweet potatoes
+ 1 cup farro, or quinoa if gluten-free (cook according to package)
+ 2 cups vegetable broth
+ 1 tablespoon olive oil
+ 4 cups chopped kale
+ 3 cloves garlic, crushed
+ 1 cup tahini
+ ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (stems removed)
+ ⅓ cup lemon juice
+ ¼ cup olive oil
+ 1 cup warm water
+ ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt, plus more to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until soft to touch. Set aside to cool.
3. While sweet potatoes are cooking, in a small pot, add the farro and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for up to 40 minutes, until grains are tender and have absorbed all of the liquid.
4. In a food processor or high-speed blender, add all the tahini sauce ingredients and process until creamy. Taste and add salt if needed.
5. In a medium saucepan, drizzle the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the kale and sauté until crispy.
6. Mix the cooked farro, crispy kale, and a few spoonfuls of tahini together until lightly coated.
7. Cut the sweet potatoes open in the center lengthwise and spoon the farro mixture into the middle of each sweet potato. Add an extra drizzle of tahini sauce on top.
We recommend pairing this dish with lemon + ginger Flow.